Friday, July 11, 2008

Next leg...

We left Sister Bay yesterday (Thursday, July 10) and drove home to Belleville. En route, I got three shots (Hep A, tetanus, and typhoid) and my mom slammed her hand in a car door. This morning found my mom at a clinic having her hand examined (turns out it is not just bunged up but in fact broken) and found me at the vet clinic with Wellie, who developed a bad ear infection. Both Wellie and my mom appear to be improving.

This afternoon we (my parents, Nick and I) left Belleville around 2 p.m., and drove through Missouri and part of Kansas. We are now stopped at Salina, KS. Tomorrow we continue to Denver, pick up the missing piece (Gwynne) and head to Estes Park.

If you're interested in seeing places we've been so far, you can look at Door County tourism information pages (or look at Door County maps). In Colorado, we'll be in and around Rocky Mountain National Park. My next post will include some pictures, but I can't really promise that they won't just be of the dogs.

Last thing: Nick wanted to be clear on why the title of the blog is what it is. There's a Fraggle Rock song called "Wemblin' Fool," which is sung by Gobo and (appropriately) Wembley. Now that we have a dog named Wembley, I suppose the lyrics are in our heads more often than before. But anyway, the song is about traveling (or wembling) and given our family's ability to sing along to most any Fraggle Rock tune, it seemed appropriate for this family trip. Here are the lyrics:

Well, when I'm wembling west,
I take the friend I like best,
So we can wemble, wemble, wemble side by side.
And when we're wembling south,
We stick our feet in our mouth,
And we just wemble, wemble, wemble as we ride.

So now it's doodley do, doodley doo,
Do, doodley doo,
Bop, boobley boo,
'Cause a wembling song can't go wrong.
Yes, it's a doodley do, doodley doo,
Do, doodley doo bop, boobley boo,
Just wembling on.

We wemble most to the east,
And north we wemble the least,
But still we wemble, wemble, wemble along.
Come on and wemble and you'll,
Be just a wembling fool,
'Cause that's the wemble, womble, wembling song.

No comments: