Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wisconsin -- This is Day 3 of 38.

I'm putting this up to chronicle the long trip this summer - July 3 to August 23, 2008 - mainly so you don't get your inboxes jammed with pictures of puppies and beaches.

This is obviously before it gets "interesting" (though I would note that after sailing two days in a row, having Leinie's Honey Weiss in the fridge, and sleeping in a hammock with two big dogs, it's already "good"). I arrived in Green Bay on Thursday; Nick has already been here for a while and has been painting the house. We'll be here until Wednesday (Nick and my dad) or Thursday (my mom and me). On the way to Belleville, Nick and I get some shots for Asia. Then I'll hopefully see some friends in Belleville and we'll head to Colorado.

Last night we watched the Fourth of July fireworks -- we were closest to Gill's Rock's, but we could also see those going up on Washington Island, as well as three cities across upper Green Bay in Michigan. We had brats and beer, and Nick and I wore our Obama pins to feel especially patriotic. Tomorrow we're going to Washington Island to get some Alby burgers, swim at Schoolhouse Beach, and probably, for me, get seasick on the ferry.

No comments: